At NIAID, DAIT focuses on protective immunity including why and how people develop immunologic diseases. DAIT promotes and supports basic and clinical research to improve diagnostic tests and treatment approaches, and ultimately, prevent immune-mediated diseases.
Growth in the size and complexity of DAIT’s research portfolio necessitated a centralized repository of information to support knowledge management and availability of data. DAIT decided to streamline and standardize its information management activities by developing NIAID CRMS.
We created a comprehensive Clinical Research Management System (CRMS) to allow DAIT to use automation for a range of clinical research management activities across its research efforts.
The new system:
- Supports the managing of DAIT-funded clinical research.
- Helps DAIT staff manage its clinical research program .
- Provides DAIT staff with extensive information management capabilities.
- Enables DAIT to quickly and accurately respond to stat data calls.
- Supports strategic planning by other offices at NIAID.